Do you want to make American Chop Suey at your home? We have shared a tasty and healthy recipe of deeply fried noodles with vegetable gravy. This Gravy sums up the flavors of the sweet, sour, spicy, and strong smell known as Chinese Gravy. Do you know when to serve American Chop Suey? Mostly, people serve this for lunch or dinner, but if you want to try this healthy Recipe in snacks, you can do it. That’s a perfect light meal you want to have and serve your kids. Let us start with American Chop Suey Recipe and teach you how to make it at your home.
Chop suey recipes are very popular all over America, but do you know how professional cooks make them? They prepare it with pasta. But the actual Recipe with traditional ways to make it includes meat. People used to add grounded beef, sautéed onions, tomato sauce, and delicious spices. Here in this article, we have shared a complete veg recipe to make American Chop Suey at your home in vegetarian style because mostly, it’s healthy and highly nutritious when consumed in veg style.
History Of American Chop Suey Recipe:
Years ago, as we said earlier, American Chop Suey was invented by one American Chinese. The Recipe was the amalgamation of American and Chinese cuisines.
When the Chinese community settled in America, they made their Gravy to serve with deep-fried noodles. That’s what we call American Chop Suey. After that, they used to make various dishes from this and started collecting thousands of appreciations. Many versions of this American Chop Suey Recipes exist, but we have shared a vegetarian one here. So, you don’t need to find ground beef or even eggs.
Tips & Suggestions:
- Do you know that you can make chop suey from any stir-fried vegetables? Yes, it is.
- The Recipe of American Chop Suey is completely open-ended, and you can try anything with it. So, don’t worry about some ingredients.
- This Recipe includes corn starch, which is used for thickening chop suey gravy. It also replaces potato starch.
- We recommend using potato starch, but it is not always easy to find in every region. So, I advise using corn starch.
- Some cooks want to add wine, and if you are comfortable with it, this Recipe is a great food choice with Asian or Chinese wine. However, we have not tried this Recipe with wine, but you can try it because many experts have tried it that turned out well for them.
Let Us Start American Chop Suey Recipe:
Before you start preparing for this Recipe, go through the following points.
- You need 10 minutes of preparation time.
- You need 30 minutes of cooking time.
- The total time required for this Recipe is 40 minutes.
- You require course noodles
- The recipe type is international
- The following Recipe yields 3 servings.
Ingredients Required For American Chop Suey Recipe:
Preparing Fried Noodles:
- Five cups of water
- One teaspoon of salt
- One teaspoon of oil
- Two packages of noodles
- Two tablespoons of corn flour
- Oil for frying
Preparing Chop Suey Sauce:
- 4 teaspoons of oil
- 3 garlic cloves (finely chopped)
- 4 tablespoons of finely chopped spring onion
- Sliced on carrot
- Shredded 4 tablespoons of cabbage
- ½ onion (petals)
- Chopped half capsicum
- One-fourth cups of Tomato sauce
- One tablespoon of vinegar
- One tablespoon of soy sauce
- One-third teaspoon of Schezwan sauce
- Crushed half teaspoon of pepper
- Half teaspoon of salt
- Half teaspoon of sugar
- Two cups of water
Preparing Corn Flour Slurry:
- Two teaspoons of corn flour
- One-fourth cups of water
- Recipe Procedure Steps:
- Take a large Kadai, heat oil, and saute 3 garlic cloves and spring onion.
- Stir-fry carrot, cabbage, onion, and capsicum.
- Let all vegetables cook well and become crunchy. Keep stirring.
- Add tomato sauce, vinegar, soy sauce, Schezwan sauce, pepper, salt, and sugar.
- Stir-fry well to mix everything perfectly and let the sauce thicken.
- Add two cups of water.
Prepare Corn Flour Slurry:
- In one-fourth cup of water, add cornflour (two teaspoons).
- Mix this mixture well and make sure there are no lumps.
- Pour this cornflour slurry into the mixture.
- Keep boiling and stirring. Let the sauce thicken, turn glossy, and smell well.
- Add two tablespoons of spring onion.
- Mix everything well again.
Serve American Chop Suey Recipe:
After following all the steps mentioned earlier, your Recipe is ready to serve. Prepare a bowl, place fried noodles, pour American Chop Suey on it, and serve.
- We already mentioned that this Recipe is vegetarian, and you don’t need ground beef or eggs. That’s why we have used noodles in this Recipe. Let’s discuss it.
- Heat five cups of water in a large vessel.
- Add one teaspoon of salt and one teaspoon of oil.
- Let the water come to a boil. First, when you pour oil into it, it will come to the water’s surface. But when water boils, you will notice no large particles of oil.
- Add two packets of noodles when the water is boiling at a high temperature. You can break the noodles into pieces if you don’t like longer noodles. Otherwise, it’s better to boil them as it is.
- Once noodles are cooked well, drain water from them.
- Pour cold water over the noodles and drain them to prevent further cooking, or the noodles will be sticky.
- Transfer noodles to a bowl having no water.
- Add two tablespoons of cornflour to the noodles to coat them uniformly.
- Keep some hot oil, and spread noodles in it. Let it fry and turn golden and crispy.
- Drain oil from it, and let it cool.
There are some points you should keep in mind while preparing this Recipe. American Chop Suey Recipe includes two different things combined to bring a brand new flavor and Recipe. So, while mixing noodles with the Gravy, the following points must be considered.
- After mixing noodles with the Gravy, you must immediately serve it to people. The reason is that noodles will lose their crunchiness in some moments after mixing with Gravy.
- If you are making this Recipe for the first time, keep attention to the consistency of the sauce. It should not be too thick or too thin like liquid.
- You can always prefer vegetables of your choice to make this Recipe more nutritious, delicious, and healthy.
- American Chop Suey Recipe is open-ended, and you can try different experiments with it, but first, read something about what you are going to do.
- To impress guests, family members, friends, or colleagues, you must serve American Chop Suey hot and crispy.
Why Is American Chop Suey Recipe Good When It’s Vegetarian?
This question is common because we have shared a simple and healthy vegetarian recipe. Of course, traditionally, when this Recipe was invented, people used to make it with pure meat, and some people used eggs. But you may have no idea how dangerous it is to health because meat and non-veg increase the body’s heat and make it acidic, which causes numerous health issues.
Also, when you eat American Chop Suey in non-veg style, it does not taste so nice as you can feel it in vegetarian style.
After the impact of the covid-19 pandemic, some part of the population has completely shifted to vegetarian dishes. Thousands of people started having a vegan diet that didn’t even include animal products like milk or milkmaids. If that is the case with our readers, we have to serve them the best and healthy recipes without compromising their health and fitness.
How To Serve And Store American Chop Suey?
Did you understand how to make American Chop Suey Recipe at your home? There are chances that you may have leftover American Chop Suey and want to preserve it for further use, but the first thing you need to consider is that don’t
ever try to mix all noodles with Gravy while serving your guests. Take individual bowls, place noodles in them, and pour Gravy. Some people make a mistake like mixing everything in a large vessel, but the last guest won’t be so happy because noodles start softening in minutes, and this recipe is only enjoyable when they are crispy.
Also, leftover American Chop Suey is not storable for more than 24 hours, as per my experience, because noodles won’t stay crispy for long. Of course, you can store Gravy in the fridge and use it for one or two days, but always serve it hot or reheat after storing it.
Do you want to know anything else about American Chop Suey Recipe? We discussed the main points about American Chop Suey, like its invention, traditional way, how to make it vegetarian, how to prepare the Recipe, how to prepare noodles, and how to mix and serve fresh. You can decide the number of ingredients of your favorite vegetables and add them to this Recipe, but always remember to serve this Recipe immediately after mixing noodles with Gravy because it is better when the noodles are crispy. Do you have any questions about American Chop Suey and how to make it?